Mater Christi Catholic Girls, popularly known as the school of the princesses, is a school of federal status. The school registers for Federal examinations even at the Junior class level. The school draws its students from different states of the fedration even from abroad for a more balanced culture. Mater Christi opens for all Nigerian Girls who dream of holding strategic positions in the Nation and beyond, irrespective of the cultural background.
The school colour is Blue and White
Mater Christi Catholic Girls' High School, Igede Ekiti was established on 29th September, 1997, eleven months after the creation of Ekiti State out of the old Ondo State; It gave a welcome fillip to the educational system in Nigeria, from the fountain of knowledge, which provided an apt springboard for surgical restructuring that pulled out our educational system that had been in the doldrums for many years.
Besides, the establishment of the school, we have helped to cover and pull out of the shadow the glory of Ekiti and the people of Ekiti who were known as education Supremes. The school is located on a hill called Oke-Aga, in a town where the source of celebrated Osun River is located and the country home of professor Fatunla, the first Nigeria professor of Mathematics and Computer science. Mater Christi a citadel of learning and the paradigm of a standard secondary school have good number of students from all part of the world including Ekiti, Ibadan, Lagos, Ilorin, Akure, Ile-Ife, Enugu, Port-Harcourt, Imo, America, Anambra, Abia, Kaduna, Abuja to mention but few.
The school is highly disciplined. Every student abides by the rules and regulations of the school. They observe modes of prayers; Angelus, Holy Mass' Prayer, Catechism classes, Moral instructions e.t.c. The deeply religious structure of the school system is the backbone of the students' lives.
Going through the record of achievements, Mater Christi remains the defending champion in National, Regional, State and Local Government competitions in academics and Sports. Indeed, the school `Mater Christi', remains the nucleus of intelligence and talents. She is one of the best in WAEC results and the best in Ekiti NECO in 2013.
The greatness of Mater Christi Catholic Girls' High School, Igede lies in the work and activities of the past and present staff. We must commend the efforts of the school management for the strenuous work they have done in the school, especially in giving her a face-lift and for their unbending support for both internal and external competitions.
To contribute to the catholic education and uplift of women in our society so as to make them relevant instruments in nation building
- Excellent performance
- High Moral Standard
- Team Spirit
- Service to Humanity in Humlity and Compassion
To provide a catholic education with a learning community committed to academic excellence; bringing a girl child to her full potential in a safe and conducive environment under the spiritual guidance of the sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, Mother of Christ called to serve God and humanity in humility and compassion
MCCGHS believes that a girl child should be given the opportunity for integral education as she is the Queen of the nation.
The following clubs exist in the school. The clubs have their meetings with picnics and excursion to exciting places and tourist sites:
- Jet/Mathematics Club: This club is for science students. The students explore the natural surroundings with the view of making them appreciate science and have a better understanding of their environment.
- Cultural and Dramatic Club: Their main focus is to entertain and stimulate cultual awareness in students
- Press Club:To collectrelevant news about what is going onin the schoo, town, local government, state and Nigeria at large even in the whole world and disseminate to the students on the assembly twice a week e.g. exemplary information.
- Social, Cultural and Dramatic Society: i t entertains and stimulate cultural awareness in the students
- Bible Society: This society known as "Star of evangelization" caters and centers on the spiritual life of the students
- Literary and Debating Society: The society is created to arouse the interest of the students in competitve debates, quiz, competition, symposia, and also to improve the spoken English of the students